Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reflection of J.C and the Alchemist...


My writing shows appropriate ideas and content in my Julius Caesar essay.

“And am moreover suitor that I may
Produce his body to the market-place,
And in the pulpit, as becomes a friend,
Speak in the order of his funeral.”
This shows that Antony is going to do something big. He wants to talk to the people after Brutus so that he can change their minds, so that they turn against Brutus and the conspirators. He wants to take his revenge for Caesar’s death and he will, with the help from the people. Antony speaks to the people in a way so that they will understand him. And he repeats that Brutus is an honorable man so that the people will start to think for themselves. Which leads the people to joining Antony’s side and help him have his revenge.


This quote and explanation shows that I do not veer off topic much. I try and stay within the barriers of the task. I explained the quote clearly and also lead the paragraph into the next one.
I can practice explaining things better. I can always take quotes from the books we've read and practice explaining them. This will help me with explanations and my writing skills as well

My writing demonstrates appropriate organization in my Julius Caesar essay.

“I know not, gentlemen, what you intend,
Who else must be let blood, who else is rank:
If I myself, there is no hour so fit
As Caesar’s death’s hour; nor no instrument” (pg. 116, lines 151-154)
Caesar has just been killed and Antony, who loved him so, wishes that he could die with Caesar. But he is rejected which leads him to his plan, to have his revenge.
Antony loved Caesar and by his death, he is enraged. He wants Caesar to forgive him for being so gentle with the conspirators and to show Caesar that he is still loyal to him, he will take his revenge and knock out all the conspirators.

Here I give a quote from the book Julius Caesar and then explain its significance. I organized my essay just like this. For each paragraph I used different quotes and explained them. I did this to build off of my topic sentence in the beginning of my essay. I try and give examples from the book and explain them the best I can.
To get better at organizing my essays I think I should defiantly plan more before the essay is due and ask the teachers for help. I can also practice writing essays about different subjects and practice organizing them much better.

I improved on my Julius Caesar essay actually. I had done the Alchemist essay once and then redid it. I did much better on the second time but that is because I had help from my mother. On the Julius Caesar essay we had very little time to write it and it was hard to write so much in such a short time. But to me the book Julius Caesar was much more easier to understand than the Alchemist. The Alchemist was very deep and rich with many writing techniques, so was Julius Caesar but I understood the book much better. I seemed to grasp the idea and information from the book much better than the Alchemist. My writing technique became a little better but I still need to work on that. Writing in a pressured situation is much harder for me. I am a creative writer. It's harder for me to read a book such as these and then write an essay on it. When writing creatively and freely I seem to do very well, and I have in my past Humanities and English classes.

An SLR I would choose to explain how I craft my essays would be Reason Critically. When writing an essay I really try to make the essay organized in whatever way the teachers want us to make it. I find evidence and put it in where it should be, but I have problems with explaining the evidence. I think very hard on how to word my essay and sometimes it still doesn't come out right. I do need to work on organizing and explaining my essays and to do so, I need to Reason Critically over everything that I will put in my essay.




No comments:

Post a Comment